There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CLMP SUBMISSION PORTAL
The CLMP Firecracker Awards for Independently Published Literature celebrate books and magazines that make a significant contribution to our literary culture and the publishers that strive to introduce important voices to readers far and wide. Awards are given in the categories of Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry, Magazine/General Excellence, and Magazine/Best Debut. Finalists will be announced in spring 2022; the winners will be announced in June 2022.
Submissions to the 2022 Firecracker Awards will be accepted from October 15 to November 15, 2021.
General Submission Guidelines
- Books must be published by an independent publisher during the 2021 calendar year.
- Anthologies and self-published titles are not eligible but works in translation and graphic novels are welcome.
- English-language submissions from international publishers are eligible.
- Both print and digital magazines are eligible.
- Authors of books must be living at the time of submission.
- Magazines submitting in the General Excellence category must have published regularly for at least the past two years.
- Magazines submitting in the Best Debut category must have launched during the 2019, 2020, or 2021 calendar year.
- There is no limit to the number of entries publishers may submit.
- The entry fee is $65 ($55 for CLMP Members) for the first book and $30 ($25 for CLMP Members) for each additional entry.
Interested in becoming a CLMP Member? Join now.